Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Rory McIlroy in contention, Padraig Harrington comeback at U.S. PGA Championship
Posted on Saturday, August 14, 2010 at 06:48 AM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Rory McIlroy is just three strokes off the lead in the U.S. PGa championship the final major of the year.
McIlroy at five under seems ideally placed but the situation at the top of the leaderboard remains very fluid after fog played havoc with the schedule.
Padraig Harrington has also started a major comeback, getting to even par with a score of three under after just seven holes before play was stopped.
Other Irish contenders were not faring as well. Shane Lowry and U.S. Open champion Graeme McDowell were almost certainly on their way home when the second round is completed after scoring way over par.