Rory McIlroy hits another poor shot that costs him in Malaysian Open
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
It was deja vu all over again for Rory McIlroy when a bad shot ended his chance of a major win in a golf tournament.
This week McIlroy stood on the 18th at the Malaysian Open in Kuala Lumpur needing a birdie on the par 5 to get into a playoff.
However, history repeated itself as he drove his second shot too far to the right and was unable to beat par.
Depsite the second setback the Northern Ireland phenom remained upbeat.at his third place finish at the Malaysian Open.
"Obviously at this moment I'm pretty disappointed, but it was a good week," McIlroy said. "I started out really well and to shoot the scores I did considering the traveling is a pretty good effort. ... I'm proud of myself at how I picked myself up from last week and the way I came back on the back nine today."
Italian teenager Matteo Manassero had a one shot victory at the tournament.