Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Padraig Harrington, Rory McIlroy crash out of Masters
Posted on Friday, April 09, 2010 at 04:39 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Padraig Harrington and Rory McIlroy both crashed out of the Masters at Augusta, failing to make the cut. Fellow Irishman Graeme McDowell was on the verge and was battling to make the last two rounds.
Padraig Harrington had a dreadfully disappointing 75 for a two day total of 149, five over par. With the cut expected to be two over par he was way off the pace.
Rory McIlroy fared even worst, slumping to seven over and the high hopes for the young Irish golfer have failed to be realized in recent times.
Harrington took a six at the par five eight and a six at the par four tenth to destroy any chances he had to make the cut off. He also bogeyed the final hole as he had done yesterday.
Rory McIlroy dropped three shots to par at the sixth and seventh holes where he had a double bogey and a bogey to lose all chance of qualifying. He will be desperately disappointed at his round.
Graeme McDowell also failed to make weekend play when he carded to second round 74 to end up five over par of the tournament, two strokes outside the cut mark.