Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Notre Dame's Brian Kelly should end quarterback 'situation' and name Tommy Rees
Posted on Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 07:47 AM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Brian Kelly , the Notre Dame coach, is telling everyone the quarterback situation will sort itself out for 2011.
What quarterback situation?
Tommy Rees (lft) came in as a freshman and won the last four games, including a Sun Bowl win that transformed the season for the Irish,
It was the most spectacular rookie season in decades at the Golden Dome.
And the kid can only improve
But Kelly is still taking about 'the situation' --and its not the Jersey Shore star he's referring to.
In the wings is Dayne Crist, oft injured, inconsistent and frankly, vastly over rated.
As a senior he is not the future of Notre Dame football. Now will he ever be
There's a guy called Andrew Hendrix and a new freshman and .Joe Monatana's son and, well, Kelly says he will prune his list back to four or so.
Actually it should be one.
Tommy Rees deserves to be Notre Dame's quarterback.
End of story.