Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Notre Dame's Brian Kelly needs to name his starting quarterback because it's Dayne Crist
Posted on Saturday, August 06, 2011 at 07:38 AM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Pressure is mounting on Brian Kelly to name Notre Dame's starting quarterback.
Kelly was still playing coy yesterday with only a few weeks to go before the college opener against South Florida.
"In an ideal situation, I'd like to know who the starter is before camp," said Kelly in a press conference on Friday.
"I don’t know if there's a certain date (to name a starter) other than we're only going to use the first 19 practices for the evaluation process. We're spending two weeks on South Florida. We're gonna know going into the last 10 days who the starting quarterback is."
Kelly said that he plans on naming the starter publicly and that there is no need to be "stealth-like.
So what is he waiting for?
The world and his mother knows it will be Dayne Crist, who was his favorite before injury last year.
Tommy Rees did an amazing job stepping in but will have two years to compete when Crist leaves next yea.
So come on coach, put us out of suspense.
We know it is Crist, just name the guy.