Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Notre Dame to beat Stanford who will be over confident after three blow-out wins
Posted on Friday, September 24, 2010 at 07:37 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Will the Cardinals start 4-0 for the first time since 1986 when they play Notre Dame at South Bend tomorrow?
Will the Irish turn the season around and stop the rot at 2-2?
I'm pretty confident they will.
The secret lies in the first three opponents the teams played. Stanford have beaten up on patsies, including UCLA and the team has never been road tested.
That all ends tomorrow against Notre Dame.
On the other hand Notre Dame, apart from Purdue have had a baptism of fire, beaten in the closing seconds in both games and, hopefully,learning a tremendous amount along the way.
Enough to stop an over-confident Stanford perhaps?
I think so, as well as needing some luck with Luck.
You know who I mean, the Stanford superman, (pictured), who walks on water on the football field and academically.
Stopping Luck picking us apart like he did last year will be the toughest test.
But I think Dayne Crist may well pick on a Cardinals defense that has not had a serious test so far this year.
I say Notre Dame 31-24