Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Notre Dame still need to beat USC for a BCS title shot - BCS heaven awaits if they can win in Los Angeles!
Posted on Sunday, November 18, 2012 at 08:25 AM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
But wait! there is one game to go and its against the dreaded USC so let us not count any chickens here.
Maybe it was the Sports Illustrated cover jinx but Kansas State played like they were snakebitten against Baylor.
And Stanford handed Oregon a dramatic defeat meaning that Alabama are the most likely rivals for Notre Dame for the BCS game.
Notre Dame has a clear shot at the BCS title game if the Irish can defeat USC next week.
That is a big if, especially in Los Angeles against a team that will be fired up like never before to deny the Fighting Irish.
Chip Kelly against Brian Kelly, the two New England Irishmen facing off against each other would have been a sportswriter’s dream --- green and gold against the green and gold.
A season that started with success in Dublin has ended in glory for the Irish.
Oregon lost against Stanford and Notre Dame’s luckiest escape this season
was against Stanford.
The Irish need not fear anyone the Irish defense is the best in football.
But first there is USC!