Notre Dame can now go 9-3 for 2010 under coach Brian Kelly
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
After yesterday's victory The Fighting Irish now have a break from the toughest part of their schedule and can look forward to a victory over Western Michigan next week.
The Irish could go 9-3 for the year by running the table in their remaining games.
Two tough ones stand out. Utah have an unbeaten season so far and also beat Pittsburgh while USC will be USC no matter what their record shows.
A 9-3 season would be a dramatic improvement for a team that started off so poorly and even an 8-4 would be very satisfactory.
Brian Kelly would probably have taken 9-3 when he arrived at the Golden Dome before the season started but there must be a lot of 'what if's' too.
The last second defeats against Michigan State and Michigan prevented what would have been a sensational start to his career at Notre Dame and the Irish would now be sitting at 5-1.
However, it is probably best they are not. The expectations after Charlie Weis's fast start went through the roof and we all know where that ended up.
Notre Dame fans are dreamers and see a national title in every new season. It is hard to blame them given the great historical record but let's face it that was then and this is now.
It looks like Coach Kelly has a solid, decent start to his career at Notre Dame.
We could really not have asked for anything more.