Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
My prediction is that Notre Dame and Brian Kelly will go 10-2 this season
Posted on Monday, August 23, 2010 at 02:06 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Here's my prediction for the Fighting Irish in 2010. I'm calling for a 10-2 season.
We were the first to say Brian Kelly would be the new coach, now we believe he can lead them to a major bowl game in his first year.
One proviso - quarterback Dayne Crist has to stay healthy. Without him all bets are off
here's how we see it in a very front loaded season.
Sept. 4, Purdue: verdict Notre Dame win. Purdue are weak defensively and Crist will be on fire linking up with Michael Floyd who has had a great training camp.
Sept. 11, Michigan: Coach Rich Rodriguez went 3-9 then 5-7 and will be dying to make a statement against the new Fighting Irish. Irish win and Rodriguez is toast.
Sept. 18, at Michigan State: Tough game, some very tough beats in recent times. Kelly knows Michigan football inside out however. Think he can eke out a victory here.
Sept. 25, Stanford: Andrew Luck took us apart last year--not this year with a Kelly defense. Irish win
Oct. 2, at Boston College: Tough,tough game somehow they always find a way to beat us. Think they will do so again
Oct. 9, Pitt: Kelly has played them while at Cincinnati and will use his superior inside knowledge. A win for the Irish
Oct. 16, Western Michigan: Easy win for Irish
Oct. 23, Navy (at East Rutherford, N.J.):Used to be able to walk over them but no more-- still we'll win this one too
Oct. 30, Tulsa: Huh? A blowout for Irish
Nov. 13, Utah: Tricky but we should manage to win it
Nov. 20, Army (at Yankee Stadium): Great venue, great history but a very one sided result. Notre Dame easily
Nov. 27, at Southern Cal: Lane Kitten will be loaded for bear and may catch Irish out at the end of a long and tough season.Southern Cal by a few points