Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Manchester United to play Irish 11 in Dublin August 4
Posted on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 at 06:07 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Rumor reaches us across the Atlantic that Manchester United will take on an Irish 11 at the new Aviva stadium in Dublin on August 4.
Hard to tell whether Alex Ferguson's men will be the league champions at that point but history cautions us never to bet against Fergie's boys.
Bayern Munich fans will never forget the 1999 UEFA Champions League upset at the storied Nou Camp.
The title might be London rival Chelsea’s to lose but United are well able to get last-gasp winners. (See above!)
Just last weekend they bagged two goals in the final 10 minutes against another London team, Spurs.
Man U midfielder Darren Fletcher says the key is to stay patient.
“The manager said before the Spurs game that it might go down to the last 10 minutes,” says Fletcher.
“We keep believing in the way we play. We don’t get desperate. We throw players forward but the play isn’t desperate, it’s not just long balls into the box.
Hmm. You might want to rethink that quote Fletcher!