Luck of the Irish could win Kentucky Derby for Paddy O'Prado
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
When they load Paddy O'Prado into the starting gate for the Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs on Saturday, folks back home in Donegal will be cheering him on.
That's because owner Jerry Crawford has his roots in that county, and has named his racing partnership Donegal Racing.
The big gray horse, second in the Blue Grass stakes at Keenland last time out, will be running in the Donegal colors of green and gold.
Paddy O'Prado has been very impressive in training at Churchill; his workout over a wet track on the weekend made the experts sit up.
He's a longshot because he is considered a turf rather than a dirt horse primarily, but if it happens to come up wet on Saturday, look out.
The homes of Donegal will be celebrating if this one comes home!