Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
It is Notre Dame versus Miami in Sun Bowl on Dec 31st in El Paso
Posted on Sunday, December 05, 2010 at 03:59 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
It will be Notre Dame against Miami in El Paso on December 31st in the Sun Bowl.
The pairing was apparently confirmed in the last hour after much speculation and last second intrigue.
While both teams are a long way from their glory days, a Notre Dame/Miami showdown will set the juices flowing on both sides.
Both teams finished 7-5 this year and will be evenly matched but Notre Dame given their late season form will likely be favorites.
Brian Kelly had the team on a roll with victories over Utah, Army and USC
It is a renewal of the "Catholics vs. Convicts" rivalry that was such a a part of college football in the 1980s and early 1990s.