Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Irish rugby coach Declan Kidney names his starting team to face France
Posted on Tuesday, February 09, 2010 at 10:09 AM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Declan Kidney has named the Irish team to play France in Paris this weekend.
Despite Jonathan Sexton returning to fitness, Kidney has decided to stick with Munster's Ronan O’Gara at out half, with the Leinster number 10 taking a place on the bench.
Kidney has replaced Andrew Trimble with Keith Earls on the wing, and Rob Kearney keeps his place at full back after one of his worst games in an Irish jersey against the Italians last weekend.
Kidney has left the blindside flanker spot open as he gives Stephen Ferris (pictured above) every chance to prove his fitness before the weekend.
Ireland team to play France:
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster), 2 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster), 3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster), 4 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster),5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster), 6 - A.N.Other, 7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster), 8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster), 9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster), 10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster), 11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster), 12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster), 13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt), 14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys), 15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)