Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Ireland meet Wales in Rugby World Cup quarter final after defeating Italy 36-6
Posted on Sunday, October 02, 2011 at 06:28 AM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
An inspired second half performance by Ireland saw them pull away from Italy and win by 36-6 and qualify to meet Wales in the quarter final of the World Cup next weekend.
Up 9-6 at half time Ireland finally broke open the game with a Brian O'Driscoll try early in the second half.
From then on they ran rampant and were completely dominant over an Italian side that had looked dangerous in that first half.
The other quarter final match ups are England v France, South Africa versus Australia and New Zealand and Argentina.