Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Ireland certain to qualify for European Championship soccer finals - win 4-0
Posted on Friday, November 11, 2011 at 03:43 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
|Keith Andrews celebrates his goal during the 35th minute|
Update -90 minutes in:
Ireland score a forth goal. Penalty from Ireland captain Robbie Keane puts Ireland in a 4-0 lead.
Update - 86 minutes in:
Estonia down to nine men. Skipper Raio Piiroja picks up his second yellow card.
Ireland substitution: Jonathan Walters off, Simon Cox on.
Update - 70 minutes in :
Ireland now in the lead, 3 - 0, with goals from Jonathan Walters and Robbie Keane.
Update - Half-time :
At half-time the Republic of Ireland team are in the lead against Estonia, in Tallinn, The first goal was headed into by Keith Andrews.
Andrews, from a yard or two outside the six-year box, rose above his marker and got to the end of an Aiden McGeady cross. He planted a firm header past Sergei Pareiko.
The Estonia team are also weakened as they are now down to ten men.
A ball played into the feet of Robbie Keane who gets upended and Andrei Stepanov shown a second yellow and is sent off.