Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
How to bet the Kentucky Derby, a beginner's guide
Posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 at 12:30 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
There are 19 runners in the 2011 Kentucky Derby.
In the average race in America there are seven or eight so the chances of hitting much bigger odds is far greater.
Type of bets: Win place and show
Bet your horse simply to win,your horse must win the race, place, i.e come in first two or show i.e to come in first three
Bet; straight exacta;
bet your horses to come in first and second in that order.
Exacta Box or Quinella; bet them to come in first and second in either order.
Triple; Bet your horses to come first second and third Triple Box: bet them to come in first seconbd and third in any order.
Superfecta; Bet the first, second, third and fourth
Superfecta Box: Bet them to come in first second third and fourth in any order
Daily Double; bet the winner of two consecutive races> IE first and second races