Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Grunting and belching Maria Sharapova did not deserve Wimbledon victory
Posted on Saturday, July 02, 2011 at 12:52 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
I'm glad Maria Sharapova was defeated in the Wimbledon final by Petra Kvitova in two sets.
That grunting gig has really put me off her.
She's a beautiful lady but she is doing the equivalent of a major belch every time she hits the ball.
After a while it is downright annoying and distracting.
Why not hold her tongue and play like a normal person?
Grunting throws the opponent off too and is completely unnecessary in my opinion.
I mean can you see the greats of tennis like Billi Jean King or Martina Navratilova resorting to such cheap tricks?
Or the darling Chris Evert, the sexiest player to ever grace the scene?
Of course not which makes Sharapova look like someone trying to get an unfair advantage.
It didn't work this time and it won't in the future I'm sure.
Which is fair play all around.