Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
England don't look so bad after German masscre of Argentina
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 at 01:42 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
England don't look so bad after Germany's demolition of Argentina.
To be honest I thought the silky smooth skills of the Argentine team would see them beat off the German challenge.
I thought Germany looked great against England only because the English were so bad to begin with.
Turns out I'm wrong.
This was a hugely talented Argentine side and Germany under coachJoachim Loew (above) demolished them.
They were faster on the break, deadly around goal and have an engine room in midfield composed of young players who can run all day,
That must make them favorites now for the World Cup trophy.
Except for one thing. The one match suspension for Thomas Mueller, their brightest young star, could cost them dear in the semi-final.
But they seem so composed for the second youngest team in the tournament that it is doubtful if anyone can stop them.
It sure looks like "Deutschland Uber Alles."