Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
England don't look so bad after German masscre of Argentina
Posted on Saturday, July 03, 2010 at 01:42 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
England don't look so bad after Germany's demolition of Argentina.
To be honest I thought the silky smooth skills of the Argentine team would see them beat off the German challenge.
I thought Germany looked great against England only because the English were so bad to begin with.
Turns out I'm wrong.
This was a hugely talented Argentine side and Germany under coachJoachim Loew (above) demolished them.
They were faster on the break, deadly around goal and have an engine room in midfield composed of young players who can run all day,
That must make them favorites now for the World Cup trophy.
Except for one thing. The one match suspension for Thomas Mueller, their brightest young star, could cost them dear in the semi-final.
But they seem so composed for the second youngest team in the tournament that it is doubtful if anyone can stop them.
It sure looks like "Deutschland Uber Alles."