Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Dublin qualify to meet Kerry in All-Ireland football final, defeat Donegal
Posted on Sunday, August 28, 2011 at 01:37 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Despite playing a man short for the last quarter of the game, Dublin staged a fine comeback after being behind at halftime and scoring only two points in the first half.
Heartbreak for Wallace as flanker is ruled out of Rugby World Cup
Rory McIlroy’s ex Holly Sweeney signs on with top Dublin model agency
Robbie Keane Pledges commitment to the Irish en route to LA Galaxy
The game was one of the worst ever seen at Croke Park, with Donegal using a blanket defense to frustrate Dublin which led to a very low scoring match.
Dublin will now meet Kerry in the final on September 18 in a clash that will revive many memories of the great clashes between the two teams in the 1970s.