Danica Patrick comes sixth in her first NASCAR race
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Danica Patrick finished sixth in her first NASCAR race on Saturday in her much hyped debut in a stock car.
Patrick was up as high as fifth after working her way back after from almost spinning out of the race.
Patrick tangled with Nelson Piquet Jr and almost crashed out, but she managed to avoid the wall and showed poise to work her way back up the field in the opening ARCA race of the year at the Daytona International Speedway.
Bobby Gerhart won the race itself, though most of the media spotlight was on Patrick.
"It was a lot of fun," said Patrick after the race. "I bumped from the side. I bumped from the front. I got bumped from the back. I learned a lot, and I had so much fun in a racecar today. So I can't wait to do it again."