Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Chelsea capture FA cup 1-0 against Portsmouth
Posted on Saturday, May 15, 2010 at 12:54 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
Chelsea captured the FA cup and the league and cup double with a 1-0 win over Portsmouth at Wembley.
Didier Drogba scored the winner for Chelsea from a 25-yard free kick midway through the second half just moments after Portsmouth had missed a penalty when Boateng's weak shot was saved by Peter Cech in the Chelsea goal.
Late in the scrappy game Chelsea's Frank Lampard also missed a penalty kick,sending it wide.
Chelsea hit the woordwork five times in the first half yet Portsmouth who were complete outsiders had their chances too.