Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Brian Wilson makes sure Texas Rangers feel House of Pain in Game 1
Posted on Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 12:49 AM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
When Brian Wilson entered the game in the ninth inning the music was 'Jump Around' by the Irish hip hop group House of Pain.
And House of Pain was what it was for the Texas Rangers last night in ATT Park in San Francisco.
Wilson loves his Boston Irish roots and he looked pumped up and psyched as the music played..Last summer he backpacked around Ireland playing their music.
Wilson faced three men on base and allowed two runs to 'jump around' but the bearded wonder did the business despite letting two Ranger cross the plate late.
So the Giants went 1-0 up in the best of seven after chasing the previously invincible Cliff Lee from the game in the fifth inning.
Some great defensive plays, a wild and woolly sixth when the Giants bats really broke out and then the Beard in the ninth ended the Rangers first ever World Series game in a comprehensive defeat.
Got to love these underdog Giants, with their characters like Wilson, their gutsy play and their never say die outlook.
And of course The Beard.