Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Brian Kelly promises national titles for Notre Dame
Posted on Thursday, July 01, 2010 at 05:50 PM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Notre Dame will win more than one national title head coach Brian Kelly has boldly predicted.
He told a Michigan radio show that he felt it could be done.
"More than one," he answered. "Absolutely."
Asked to follow up he said "I thought 'more than one' was brazen enough," he said. "I really believe we can get it done here. Maybe I'm nuts, but I like our chances."
He said he believed the key was getting the attitude right.
"The locker room was a mess when I got here," he said. "It lacked a little bit of discipline and attention to detail. I worked on it right away."
"I bought a home just north of the city in a gated community just in case we only win 12 games," Kelly said joking.
"It's high expectations, but I knew that coming in. I don't consider them unrealistic. I think Notre Dame should be fighting for the top BCS billing every year. But there's a fan base out there that wants to see it happen right away."
You bet there is and with confident talk like this Kelly is setting expectations very high.
Too high perhaps? With an unproven quarterback and no Golden Tate?
What do you think?