Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Barcelona just beat Celtic on last ditch winner
Posted on Tuesday, October 23, 2012 at 05:48 PM
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an overgrown child? - Antics during the U.S. Open leave his maturity very much in question
- Was Notre Dame’s Everett Golson caught cheating at exams leading to suspension? Quarterback statement hints at major integrity issue and harsh punishment does also
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
|Celtic coach Neil Lennon|
Celtic conceded a last second winner after holding the champions, led by Lionel Messi, considered the best footballer in the world to a 1-1 scoreline throughout the game played in Spain.
Celtic scored first with an own goal and held that lead until the stroke of half time when Barcelona equalized.
The second half was all Barcelona but they could not break down a stubborn Celtic defense until the very last minute when they conceded the winner.
It was a heartbreaking defeat for the boys in green but they can take great consolation out of putting the champions to the pin of their collar. Fears expressed before the game were that Barcelona could do serious damage and score six or more goals against the Scottish champions.
Final score: Barcelona: 2 Celtic: 1.