Sean O'Shea by Sean O'Shea
Argentina star Lionel Messi loves Oasis and Gallagher brothers
Posted on Sunday, June 27, 2010 at 07:04 AM
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
He's the greatest footballer in the world but when he puts his Ipod on Lionel Messi loves to listen to the Gallagher brothers of Oasis.
Indeed, he is such a huge fan that Messi says he wants the band to reform to play at Argentina's homecoming party if they win the World Cup
Messi says his team mate Carlos Tevez, now with Manchester City, has turned him on to the two sons of Irish emigrants.
“Ever since he has been playing in Manchester, Carlitos has told me how great Oasis was”, said Messi. “On the plane on the way to the World Cup, Carlitos made me listen to their first two albums. I have to say I wasn’t expecting much but it is some of the best material I have ever heard”, he added.
“We have agreed that if we win the World Cup we want to fly them over to Argentina for our celebration party. We just need them to name their price.”
No word from Noel and Liam but I'd bet my bottom dollar they would go for it.