Sean O'Sheaby Sean O'Shea
- Orb should win Preakness easily, Oxbow up for second
- Could Celtic boss Neil Lennon be next manager at Manchester United? - His European exploits, especially defeating Barcelona may put him in frame
- Orb has what it takes to win Triple Crown in 2013 - Kentucky Derby winner has breeding, connections and talent
- Goldencents can lead all the way for Doug O’Neill in Kentucky Derby - Lines of Battle, Irish horse looks outclassed in Run for the Roses
- Why Ireland’s Rory McIlroy can defeat Tiger Woods at the 2013 Masters - Comeback kid proves in Texas Open that he still has a unique talent
Celtic hammered Rangers 3-0 at Ibrox park to move eight points clear in the Scottish premier league .
Celtic went 1-0 up after just 17 minutes when Gary Hoper scored from the edge of the penalty area.
It was Hooper again after 27 minutes when he got on the end of a cross from the left and poked the ball home.
It became official yesterday with the news that Montana, son of the legendary Joe, had transferred from Notre Dame to Montana State a Division IAAA team.
It brings to an end a fairy tale where Joe's son could rise up and lead Notre Dame like his dad did.
Ireland handily defeated Wales by 3-0 in the first game of the new Carling Cup international soccer series at Dublin's Aviva stadium..
A brilliant Darron Gibson goal after one hour put Ireland ahead and Damien Duff added a second eight minutes later.
Finally Keith Fahey completed the rout with a goal eight minutes from the end from a free kick.
Three turnovers that brought 21 points was the total difference between the two teams.
Ben Roethlisberger will long rue the two interceptions he threw which dug a deep hole for his offense.
A drop goal by Ronan O'Gara saved Ireland's skins and they defeated Italy 13 points to 11 in a game in Rome they were very lucky to win.
Italy dominated throughout the game but were foiled by the experienced O'Gara, who cool as a cucumber dropped the winning goal with just two minutes remaining.
Italy led by 6-3 at half time but an O'Driscoll try put Ireland back in the lead. However, Italy came back and appeared to have scored the decisive try with time running out to lead 11-10.
Mike McCarthy is hankering to be the third Irish coach in just four years to win America's most valuable sporting trophy.
He would be following in the footsteps of Tom Coughlin of the New York Giants and Sean Peyton of the New Orleans Saints.
Fact is though I can't stand Ben Roethlisberger. The Pittsburgh quarterback is everything that is wrong with professional sport.
Like Michael Vick who abused helpless animals, Big Ben came perilously close to rape charges on two occasions.
I understand youthful indiscretions but following a drunken woman to a bathroom and doing who knows what there is not my idea of a trivial matter