NFL week three picks
Posted on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 12:34 PM
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just a symptom of a larger problem
- Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
- Alabama to change their mantra ‘Roll Tide’ to ‘Part, Tide’.
- Guinness Book Of Records confirms: Seattle Seahawks have easily the most annoying fans
- Panthers unveil dominant new defensive play to win against the New England Patriots
Season to date
- Last week against the spread: 4-10-2
- Overall record against the spread: 12-20-2
- Finest Four against the spread last week: 1-3
- Finest Four against the spread overall: 5-3
- Winning percentage: 37.5%
- The finest four percentage: 62.5%
The finest four.
Four picks to boost your bankroll
The Game: Tampa Buccaneers at Dallas Cowboys
Current line: Dallas -9
The Science: Whoever anointed Dallas with a 9 point handicap must have missed both their incredibly inept showing in Seattle and also Tampa’s near-thing against the Giants. Once again, too many points! Going to make this an upset special too, with Tampa getting hotter every week.
The Score: Tampa 35 Dallas 33
The Pick: Tampa +9
The Game: Detroit Lions at Tennessee Titans
Current line: Detroit -3.5
The Science: The Lions might force some serious changes in Tennessee after the wake of this potential drubbing. The Lions have the defence to completely stifle Tennessee’s brutal (this far) offence whilst their offence is ready to explode on someone. Tennessee are great candidates.
The Score: Detroit 38 Tennessee 16
The Pick: Detroit -3.5
The Game: Cincinnati Bengals at Washington Redskins
Current line: Washington -3
The Science: The ‘Skins had a `15 point lead last week, only to make some silly mistakes and squander it. You can bet your Robert Griffin the Third rookie card they won’t make that mistake again. The Bengals win over Cleveland, by comparison, is about as valuable as a Ryan Leaf rookie card.
The Score: Cincinnati 20 Washington 34
The Pick: Washington -3
The Game: Atlanta Falcons at San Diego Chargers
Current line: San Diego -3
The Science: The Chargers come up against the first decent defence they have faced thus far, results are predictable.
The Score: Atlanta 24 San Diego 20
The Pick: Atlanta +3
- Carolina -2.5
- St Louise +9
- Buffalo -3
- Indianapolis -3
- New York -1
- Minnesota +6.5
- Kansas +9
- Arizona +3.5
- Denver +1
- Pittsburgh -4
- New England +3
- Green Bay -3
Good luck and as always, enjoy the games!
Follow Cormac on Twitter