Cavaliers Kyrie Irving unveils Uncle Drew, Chapter 2
Posted on Friday, November 02, 2012 at 06:43 AM
- Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
- Alabama to change their mantra ‘Roll Tide’ to ‘Part, Tide’.
- Guinness Book Of Records confirms: Seattle Seahawks have easily the most annoying fans
- Panthers unveil dominant new defensive play to win against the New England Patriots
- The Gladiator and the NCAA football player, 1,000s of years apart, but linked through eternity
He turns up at random street courts and wows the locals with his surprisingly awesome play. Let's get one subject out of the way straight away, this video is so good, it doesn't matter that it is basically an advertisement for a soft drink. Let's move on. There is a part one to what appears to be building to a series, however we are skipping straight to number two because basically this one is better than part one. This is 'The Empire Strikes Back' to part one's 'Star Wars', if you will.
For Part Two, Irving gets together with Kevin Love, and they play Uncle Drew and his old buddy 'Wes'. They take to a street court and take on 'The Young Bloods'. Check out the expression on the courtside fans and players as the two old guys show up.
Enough with the chit chat. Free up five minutes for yourself and watch this.
Fantastic stuff, no? Bill Russell's appearance is an added bonus. The on-court action is really funny, and even the music is great.
It is rare that something this creative and funny comes along, so don't bother picking at it, trying to find flaw and fault, let's just enjoy it for what it is.
We can't wait for Uncle Drew, Part III
Follow Cormac on Twitter
See more: Irish in NBA