Boston Red Sox suddenly looking a whole lot more competitive
Posted on Friday, April 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM
- Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
- Alabama to change their mantra ‘Roll Tide’ to ‘Part, Tide’.
- Guinness Book Of Records confirms: Seattle Seahawks have easily the most annoying fans
- Panthers unveil dominant new defensive play to win against the New England Patriots
- The Gladiator and the NCAA football player, 1,000s of years apart, but linked through eternity
The Sox were written off, by their own fans. There were calls to blow the team up, and start rebuilding. Bobby Valentine had to be sacked, kicked out the door and told never to come back.
So, how are things looking now? Wouldn’t you love to ask one of those idiots that stood behind the home dugout ‘booing’ with all their physical worth, how did they think the Red Sox were doing now? Suddenly the Red Sox season is looking much more positive, as they cruise towards the .500 mark on the back of a 4 game winning streak. They haven’t just won those games, they have annihilated the opposition, pummeled them into submission with their bats, scoring a whopping 34 runs across the 4 game streak.
Things have taken such a turn towards the good, that the Red Sox are now right up there in terms of offensive statistics. Check out their standings in the major batting categories as of today, Friday.
Not bad, right?
The next 18 games for the Red Sox sees them up against such luminaries as the White Sox, Orioles (T-Minus about five seconds until their season blows up), the Oakland As, Kansas and Seattle. Whilst it is important not to get too excited about a winning streak, it definitely suggests a change for the positive with the team.
Now, if only someone could figure out how to get the fans and the Boston sporting media to lighten up a little, and enjoy the journey through this 2012 season.
See more: Boston Red Sox