From the Bleachersby Cormac Eklof
- Katherine Webb and the morbid depths of US sports 'journalism'
- Alabama to change their mantra ‘Roll Tide’ to ‘Part, Tide’.
- Guinness Book Of Records confirms: Seattle Seahawks have easily the most annoying fans
- Panthers unveil dominant new defensive play to win against the New England Patriots
- The Gladiator and the NCAA football player, 1,000s of years apart, but linked through eternity
Charlie Sheen take note. There are some new bad boys in town. And they are after your bottle of champagne. Much to the delight of Vancouver and the rest of Canada, which reacted with grace, class and dignity, the
The script is almost as old, worn and replayed as often as one of those asinine teen dance movies. Every summer or winter transfer market you are guaranteed a few instances where a big club swoops in and overpays for a promising young player from a ‘
The World Baseball Classic of 2013 will be just that little bit more colorful. It will also include, for the first time, International teams that the Irish National baseball team has played (and indeed beaten!).
Yes, in case you didn’t know already, Ireland does have an International baseball team, and it has participated admirably in European competitions since 1996. Ireland came fourth in the European Pool B Championships in Germany in 2004 and then came second in the European Pool B Championships held in Belgium in 2008. As we speak, a youthful, energetic and skillful Irish baseball team is gearing up to take part in the Pool B Championships in Barcelona this July.