Cathal Dervanby Cathal Dervan
- Rory McIlroy back to his best with an Australian Open win
- Roy Keane settling in nicely with the Republic of Ireland again, for now
- The Roy Keane and Martin O’Neill show begins!
- Let’s give Roy Keane a clean slate in new Irish soccer role
- Irish government to honor former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson
They are, by the way, even some of the ones I come up with and that’s a statement that will really annoy all my mates out in the Bronx. But life, as last week’s column might have suggested, is too short to be worrying about such things.
So back to the Star and the latest escapade in the mad, mad world of one Wayne Rooney and his WAG – the nickname given to the wives and girlfriends of sports stars -- wife Coleen, both of whom come from families with strong Irish backgrounds in case you’re worried.
Their meeting, otherwise billed as a photo opportunity, took place in the Clarion Hotel at Dublin Airport that was the home, spiritual and otherwise, of the Irish football team throughout the Charlton era.
Big Jack was in town to promote his latest nice little earner -- this time it’s a promotion for the League of Ireland sponsors Airtricity which has put him back on the national stage.