Cathal Dervanby Cathal Dervan
- Rory McIlroy back to his best with an Australian Open win
- Roy Keane settling in nicely with the Republic of Ireland again, for now
- The Roy Keane and Martin O’Neill show begins!
- Let’s give Roy Keane a clean slate in new Irish soccer role
- Irish government to honor former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson
Irish sport lost another hero of past glories on Saturday when Alex Hurricane Higgins was found dead in the Belfast home he lived in courtesy of a local charity.
A week after the late night flight home from Johannesburg to Amsterdam with a plane full of dejected and, in some cases, drunken Dutch fans, and life has suddenly got very, very boring.
The Vuvuzelas have been silenced. There are no more FIFA press briefings to go to. The wife doesn’t need to see my accreditation badge before I’m allowed through the front door.
A is for Africa
A month ago the world and his mother said the first World Cup finals on African soil would be a disaster from start to finish. How wrong we were. The welcome of the people was just incredible, the infrastructure stood up to all the tests with the exception of the Durban semifinal, and they even managed to arrest Paris Hilton. Congratulations South Africa, it was a pleasure from start to finish. And I didn’t get mugged or robbed before flying home late on Monday night. I even survived the Soweto Toilet shots!