Cathal Dervanby Cathal Dervan
- Rugby ace Ronan O’Gara makes us proud to be Irish
- We won't see the likes of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguon again
- Irish defender Paul McShane - A good guy finally finishes first
- Munster’s defeat in the Heineken Cup proves Celtic Tiger didn’t take our soul
- Alex Ferguson and Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez - the good and the bad of Premier League action
It's the calm after the storm, and the comedown is proving very difficult to cope with after five weeks living out of a World Cup suitcase full of emotion and never to be repeated experiences.
The Vuvuzelas have been silenced. There are no more FIFA press briefings to go to. The wife doesn’t need to see my accreditation badge before I’m allowed through the front door.
A is for Africa
A month ago the world and his mother said the first World Cup finals on African soil would be a disaster from start to finish. How wrong we were. The welcome of the people was just incredible, the infrastructure stood up to all the tests with the exception of the Durban semifinal, and they even managed to arrest Paris Hilton. Congratulations South Africa, it was a pleasure from start to finish. And I didn’t get mugged or robbed before flying home late on Monday night. I even survived the Soweto Toilet shots!