Cathal Dervanby Cathal Dervan
- We won't see the likes of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguon again
- Irish defender Paul McShane - A good guy finally finishes first
- Munster’s defeat in the Heineken Cup proves Celtic Tiger didn’t take our soul
- Alex Ferguson and Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez - the good and the bad of Premier League action
- No wearing of the green for Rory McIlroy at U.S. Masters as Adam Scott claims victory
It’s the time of year when us sports journalists get lazy. We put the feet up, dust down the clichés and do what we always do for the final edition of each and every calendar year – we look back.
We reminisce. We remember the way we were.
The first snows fell out our way on Tuesday, the same day the first begging text of many arrived in relation to a certain sporting event in Poland next summer.
Now, it has to be said, the few snowflakes that did land in this part of Meath as your favorite column was compiled were mere novices compared to the heavyweights that visited us this time last year.