Cathal Dervanby Cathal Dervan
- Heroic figure Nelson Mandela also united South Africa through sport
- Rory McIlroy back to his best with an Australian Open win
- Roy Keane settling in nicely with the Republic of Ireland again, for now
- The Roy Keane and Martin O’Neill show begins!
- Let’s give Roy Keane a clean slate in new Irish soccer role
A caller to a radio phone-in show on Monday night came out with a statement that sums up the new found attitude within the Mayo football family, a family desperate for something to really shout about.
Malachy Clerkin, a fine young man who works for The Irish Times, was on air with presenter Matt Cooper on Today FM and my old friend Liam Hayes, and together they were shooting the breeze in the aftermath of Mayo’s win over Tyrone.
There's a Limerick man with the best Irish pub in the Portuguese resort of Alvor, a Limerick man cute enough to be from Kerry.
Not alone does Pat Hickey welcome his guests to his Algarve bar with a ready smile and a hearty welcome, he knows his audience.