Cathal Dervanby Cathal Dervan
- Rugby ace Ronan O’Gara makes us proud to be Irish
- We won't see the likes of Manchester United manager Alex Ferguon again
- Irish defender Paul McShane - A good guy finally finishes first
- Munster’s defeat in the Heineken Cup proves Celtic Tiger didn’t take our soul
- Alex Ferguson and Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez - the good and the bad of Premier League action
You know you are getting old when the kids in the back of the car start referring to the rock icons of your youth as dinosaurs, particularly when the dinosaurs in question weren’t heard of before you hit 20.
Welcome back! Missed you guys and hope you missed me.
It’s been a busy few weeks while you’ve been away, so busy that here’s 20 snapshots of what happened in the wonderful world of Irish sport over the last couple of weeks.
The Aviva Stadium opened
We’ve had the young rugby players from all four provinces through the Aviva Stadium doors since we last met, plus the footballers of Manchester United, Argentina, Ireland and the best players in the Airtricity League. Well over 100,000 people have now seen the new Lansdowne Road in full working order, and it is quite a sight to behold. There are still a few teething problems, but rugby and soccer now have a home fit for kings.