Cathal Dervanby Cathal Dervan
- Rory McIlroy back to his best with an Australian Open win
- Roy Keane settling in nicely with the Republic of Ireland again, for now
- The Roy Keane and Martin O’Neill show begins!
- Let’s give Roy Keane a clean slate in new Irish soccer role
- Irish government to honor former Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson
There are no certainties in life, never mind in sport. We all know that and there are times when we all have to accept as much.
This is such a time for the young Irish boxer Joe Ward. And for Katie Taylor. A time for reality as the London Olympic games approach.
It rained for most of the day in County Meath on Monday, quite an appropriate scenario as a small parish church not far from Fairyhouse race course witnessed a tearful family’s farewell as Rory Staunton departed for brighter heavens.
You may or may not know about young Rory. You may or may not have heard of his untimely death at such a young age last week.
If you’re a regular on IrishCentral you will know of the pain and the torture his parents and his sister have shared with his uncles and aunts, cousins and friends these past few days since his tragic death in New York on April 1.