The West's Awakeby Cormac MacConnell
Cormac is a novelist, journalist and columnist. "The West's Awake" is a big hit with Irish Voice readers.
- Looking forward to cutting ties to the ties that bind my throttle
- Bishop Eamon Casey served us well, and deserves our prayers
- A lovely tale of island life in the paradise of West Clare
- The Boarding Out orphan was a wonderful pick
- How do the Irish regard their American visitors? With pride
The West's Awake for January 2012
Friday, January 27, 2012 at 09:04 AM
Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 09:54 AM
I'm telling this yarn exactly the way it was told to me a week ago by a wise man whose name I will hold back out of respect for his honesty and privacy.
I recorded it in his farmhouse home in sight of the thunderingly beautiful Cliffs of Moher on a surprisingly bright and mild January afternoon. We had the front door open all the time we were talking before his hearth fire.