The West's Awakeby Cormac MacConnell
- An open letter to President Obama - some handy local tips for his visit to Ireland
- Some wonderful discoveries - relishing Irish trad session, The Gathering visitors and more
- The swallows return, beard competition, historic crimes and other musings
- A new taste of spring in Ireland- Tayto crisp’s cheese and onion chocolate bar
- Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth and the two Marys - Now it the time for a woman Prime Minister in Ireland
There are far too many scribes around the place writing about the doom and gloom of our current social and economic plight.
Ye know me by now. I prefer to navigate a path around the dreary mountains of doom and gloom and look at things from another point of view where possible.
Many of you are Irish-born or the offspring of those born in Ireland. A high percentage of ye, therefore, would not be reading this, or would not be here at all, were it not for England's great gift to the world, the Cadbury family.
That is a historic fact as I will quickly explain, using just one small story drawn from my own experience.