The West's Awakeby Cormac MacConnell
- Looking forward to cutting ties to the ties that bind my throttle
- Bishop Eamon Casey served us well, and deserves our prayers
- A lovely tale of island life in the paradise of West Clare
- The Boarding Out orphan was a wonderful pick
- How do the Irish regard their American visitors? With pride
There are far too many scribes around the place writing about the doom and gloom of our current social and economic plight.
Ye know me by now. I prefer to navigate a path around the dreary mountains of doom and gloom and look at things from another point of view where possible.
Many of you are Irish-born or the offspring of those born in Ireland. A high percentage of ye, therefore, would not be reading this, or would not be here at all, were it not for England's great gift to the world, the Cadbury family.
That is a historic fact as I will quickly explain, using just one small story drawn from my own experience.