An American in Irelandby The Yank
- Wake Up America! You're ruining Thanksgiving.
- Notre Dame Stadium in late November – a new experience for my daughter
- Train journey between Albany and New York is special (PHOTOS)
- Part Messier, part Mattingly and part LT, Roy Keane returns to Ireland's soccer team
- HSBC survey says Ireland's a terrible place to live if you're an expat
Only our bankrupt, state-owned banks (Ulster Bank is, fortunately, owned by the British government) still have their superior attitude. Banks, uniquely it seems, can foul up and, time and again, not feel vulnerable while legitimate, profitable businesses, customers and taxpayers pay the price for their errors.
Summer can be delayed by weeks and then just erupt, as it seems to have done today. Even Met Eireann was caught off guard. They forgot to issue a sunburn warning last night.