An American in Irelandby The Yank
- Wake Up America! You're ruining Thanksgiving.
- Notre Dame Stadium in late November – a new experience for my daughter
- Train journey between Albany and New York is special (PHOTOS)
- Part Messier, part Mattingly and part LT, Roy Keane returns to Ireland's soccer team
- HSBC survey says Ireland's a terrible place to live if you're an expat
I'd like to think that emigrants will catch a break here. I'd really like to believe the government would waive the property tax for those who have had to leave Ireland due to the dire economic conditions, but if there is one group the government doesn't really care about (ignore those crocodile tears) it is emigrants because they cannot vote. Thanks to that and thanks to the fact that most of them had to leave due to circumstances not of their making I hope they can avoid the property tax. It's the least they deserve.