The Irish Foodieby Maggie Griffin
- Brandy butter cookies recipe - an excellent solution to using up this Christmas leftover
- Bûche de Noël - delicious Christmas recipe for a chocolate Yule log
- Candied peel - making your own to give those warm citrus notes to your Christmas baking
- Her shell - Sausage the pig's journey from the farm to the butchers
- Days in November and baking for Christmas - mincemeat recipe for perfect traditional mince pies
Using a sweet shortcrust pastry, cut out discs of pastry and fill with some mincemeat, cover with another disc. Dip your finger into a bowl of water and run it around the inside perimeter of the top disc. This helps seal the pastry. Brush with beaten egg and bake in a hot oven at 180 deg until browned. Cool and dust with icing sugar.
and I use the word chef in the loosest sense of the word. Many of these so called chefs would run screaming out of a professional kitchen. I yearn for a real book written by a real cook and not a celebrity famous for what they look like or who their spouse is.
I plan on opening the can of soup pictured in August 2013 10 years after it's best before......