The Irish Foodieby Maggie Griffin
- Brandy butter cookies recipe - an excellent solution to using up this Christmas leftover
- Bûche de Noël - delicious Christmas recipe for a chocolate Yule log
- Candied peel - making your own to give those warm citrus notes to your Christmas baking
- Her shell - Sausage the pig's journey from the farm to the butchers
- Days in November and baking for Christmas - mincemeat recipe for perfect traditional mince pies
I started thinking about recipes and Googled a few including brandy snaps but being a lazy cook they didn't appeal. Then I saw a recipe for brandy butter cookies. When I woke next morning someone had actually tweeted me the same idea. But I was ahead and had already bookmarked a recipe.
I have probably mentioned that I never follow a recipe verbatim. I always feel I have to make it mine and change something. So here is my take on the recipe I found.
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Second Scranton Celtic Festival to build on fun and success with great acts and activities...
- New Irish festival GaelFest to showcase music, dance, sports, arts and literature...
- My top ten favorite Irish foods in most of Ireland's grocery stores - from Tayto crisps to...
- Results of the Ulster Finals of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 - top Northern Ireland ea...