Lyons Den Mom by Kerry Lyons
Lady Gaga is getting an ‘egg’ bed in her New York City condo
Posted on Tuesday, March 22, 2011 at 07:22 AM
- Simple tips for super snacking - healthy and delicious bites for kids on the go and at home
- Getting organized for back to school - how to get a handle on your little darlings paperwork
- Making the transition from crib to bed - helping your babies make the big leap
- Summer packing essential for a family getaway - getting all the essentials in for a gaggle of children
- Summer road trip survival tips - words of advice from a Mom of five
Her home will also showcase her flamboyant costumes, several props and keepsakes she has collected on her travels, which include bones and masks.
An insider said: "This house project is Gaga's new baby.
"The egg vessel is being made especially for her. She'll be able to sleep in it, in place of a double bed. She felt so a home in the egg on stage – she spent hours in it meditating and says when she's in it she feels at peace."
Architects will reportedly start work on the 'Born This Way' singer's property in a fortnight’s time and she is said to have also enlisted the help of her close friend Rick Genest and fashion director Nicola Formichetti to advise her on the interior design.
Last month, Gaga revealed she will always live in the New York neighbourhood where she grew up as she wants a "normal" life and was left unimpressed after a brief stint on the Hollywood party scene.
She said: "I actually made a choice to keep my life pretty normal.
"Some point about two years ago I said to myself, 'OK, am I going to put my toe in Hollywood's pond and figure out if I want to live a glamorous life and assimilate to the glamorous lifestyle', but I really didn't want to do it."
"I still live where I always lived, I still hang out and drink whisky at the same bars. I still go to the same hardware store."