Lyons Den Momby Kerry Lyons
- Simple tips for super snacking - healthy and delicious bites for kids on the go and at home
- Getting organized for back to school - how to get a handle on your little darlings paperwork
- Making the transition from crib to bed - helping your babies make the big leap
- Summer packing essential for a family getaway - getting all the essentials in for a gaggle of children
- Summer road trip survival tips - words of advice from a Mom of five
“How was your weekend?” It’s a perfectly normal question for folks to ask on a Monday morning. The thing is, I’m pretty sure they don’t want to hear how my weekend really was. And that’s ok. Because the reality is, my weekend – our weekends – are often so exhausting that my husband and I are happy to see Monday morning arrive. Monday morning means back to work. A place that while challenging and stressful at times, also affords the opportunity to pee without anyone sitting on your lap and to eat sitting down… both minor indulgences after 48 hours at home with our five little Lyons Cubs!
People say a LOT of crazy things to me. Things like "are they all yours?!" or, with increasing frequency, "You have ALL those kids and you WORK too?! Wow….” Then they walk away, leaving me to wonder if I’m a terrible person because I have “ALL” these kids and leave them behind for roughly 40 hours a week or if there’s something in my appearance that suggests we are independently wealthy and therefore I don’t need to work. Given that I’m cruising around in a minivan too beat up to even be called a "swagger wagon" and most of my clothes date from the 90s (at best!), I’m pretty sure it’s not the latter. And, I know in my heart – and my checkbook! – that it’s not the former either. Five kids (and one 99 pound dog!) are expensive. And this past weekend was a real doozie in terms of dollars and sense. Here’s a rough breakdown…