Irish Food Guideby Zack Gallagher
- New Belfast restaurant, The Malt Room, gives all profits to charity
- 21-year-old Mark Moriarty wins Ireland's Euro-Toques Young Chef of the Year
- A pub, is a pub, but not so in Ireland, 34 mentions in "Michelin Eating Out in Pubs Guide" (PHOTOS)
- County Leitrim hosts International wild mushroom festival
- Winners announced for Ireland's most prestigious and authoritative culinary awards
Belfast businessman Lord Diljit Rana and chef/restaurateur Raymond McArdle have joined up to open The Malt Room Bar & Restaurant on Great Victoria Street in what they hope will be the start of a new revival of Belfast's Golden Mile. The fascinating and unique element to this restaurant is that all profits will be given to charity!
The new restaurant, led by head chef David Mageean and general manager Liam Whiteway, welcomed a large crowd of Belfast food-lovers who turned out for it's launch event and enjoyed a taster of what's to come.
For 2 years, Alfie travelled frequently from Tipperary to Dublin to sit on Bord Bia’s "Pig Meat Board". His hope had been that if they approved a ‘free-range’ label it would include ‘Non-GMO’ but, for the moment, this is not permissible. At the end of the 2 years, a framework was agreed as to what the definition of free-range should be:
The Arthur Guinness Projects is a major new initiative, recently launched by Guinness in Ireland, and is designed to champion the best of our creators, thinkers, doers and makers in the areas of Arts, Music, Sport and Food by offering support and funding to the winning entries.
A new Irish start-up business, Irish Food Tours, is building a network of Food Tourism Holidays around the whole island of Ireland, north and south. Started by Donegal Town chef Zack Gallagher and his business partner Wendy Kavanagh from Kildare, the guests on these Culinary Tours will learn the story behind the vast array of Irish Artisan Food products.
A new Irish Pop-Up Restaurant, The Guerrilla Gourmet Club, was launched last week in Dublin, by Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon with Robert Lee Mulcahy. The menu has been created with Chef Gareth Mullins, executive chef at the 5 Star Marker Hotel in Dublin. The pair have joined forces with the prestigious Stephen's Green Hibernian Club, who will host the event on the summer solstice, Friday 21 June at 7:00pm.
The Royal Irish Academy, the National Museum of Ireland and The Irish Times are collaborating with the EU Presidency, the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade and Adobe to bring you a gift of A History of Ireland in 100 objects.
Do you like fun & food with friends? Then you’ll love SMORGASBOARD
- Gilligan's Gourmet: Christmas pudding with brandy butter...
- New Belfast restaurant, The Malt Room, gives all profits to charity...
- Thanksgiving recipe for Irish Cream Pumpkin Pie...
- Thanksgiving cranberry sauce with dried apricots, port wine and cardamom recipe...