Irish Food Guideby Zack Gallagher
- Irish chef Brian McDermott warns about salt usage after having his own health scare
- Results of the Ulster Finals of the Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 - top Northern Ireland eateries revealed
- Sligo College seeks entries for The World Irish Stew Championship
- A twist on an Irish dish - oven-baked creamy wild garlic and cheese potatoes recipe
- A History of Ireland in 100 objects - a great free app
Irish chef and cook book author Brian McDermott, who teaches community groups across Ireland how to cook healthily, today warned of the dangers of excess salt in the Irish diet as a new World Health Organisation (WHO) in Europe report entitled “Mapping salt reduction initiatives in the WHO European Region” is published.
The ULSTER Regional Final of the Santa Rita/ LIFE Magazine Irish Restaurant Awards 2013 took place in The Merchant Hotel, Belfast, last night and the chosen top restaurants in the region were named.
This is a twist on one of those great potato dishes that tastes magic, is easy to cook and you keep forgetting to make until something else reminds you and then you want it!
I was down the garden today and the smell of my wild garlic plants wafted over and ticked me on the nose. "Mmm", I thought, "Oven Baked Creamy Wild Garlic & Cheese Potatoes". So I made them this evening and here's the recipe!
The Royal Irish Academy, the National Museum of Ireland and The Irish Times are collaborating with the EU Presidency, the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade and Adobe to bring you a gift of A History of Ireland in 100 objects.
Do you like fun & food with friends? Then you’ll love SMORGASBOARD
More #IRISHFOOD (4)
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Second Scranton Celtic Festival to build on fun and success with great acts and activities...
- New Irish festival GaelFest to showcase music, dance, sports, arts and literature...
- My top ten favorite Irish foods in most of Ireland's grocery stores - from Tayto crisps to...