Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Welcome to J-1 IWT Participants Nicole and Gerard
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 10:06 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
See more: Irish Immigration Center
Nicole Quinn and Gerard Hanna, both from Belfast, recently arrived in Boston as part of the J-1 IWT program. They are eager to embrace this opportunity and make the most of their time here.
Nicole and Gerard are third year students in biomedical engineering. “We’re looking forward to meeting other people in the industry,” says Nicole. “[And] we’re excited to gain experience.”
As part of their university studies, the two students are required to do a placement year. Though many J-1 IWT participants are graduates, there are a fair number of students, such as Nicole and Gerard, who come on the program to get experience related to their degree program.
Nicole and Gerard are looking for work in biomedical engineering. If you aware of any opportunities in this area, please contact Megan Carroll, IIIC Director of Intern Placements at 617-542-7654 x 23 or email@example.com.