Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Weekly events at the Irish Cultural Centre
Posted on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 01:08 PM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Set Dancing for Adults with Cait Bracken continues every Monday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. $5 donation to the ICC at the door. No partner necessary.
Card Game 25 every Wednesday night on the second floor of the Centre beginning at 8 p.m. All level of players welcome to enjoy this traditional, fast-paced Irish card game of trumps, tricks and trading.
Friday ICC Comhaltas Seisiún led by John Kearney in the McGettigan & Stewart Room starting at 7 p.m.
Saturday ICC Seisiún led by Stuart Peak and Sean Kane in the ICC Pub starting at 8:30 p.m.
Live Blues with Space Cakes in the ICC Pub, every Sunday from 6:30 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. Members of this Blues group have played with Tom Jones; Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes; Jimmy Clanton; Coasters; The Marveletts; and Teddy Prendergast. Pub opens at 6 p.m.