Upcoming events at the Irish Cultural Centre
By: Irish Community News | Published Sunday, February 10, 2013, 3:46 PM | Updated Sunday, February 10, 2013, 3:46 PM
- ICC Author Series presents Peter Fallon,Ireland’s award-winning poet and founder of Gallery Press, Ireland’s pre-eminent publishing house reads from his work. Thursday, February 7th at 7:30 p.m. Copies of his books available for purchase. $10 Admission at the door. Open to the public.
- ICC Canton Céilí, Sunday, February 10th from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. with live music by Billy O’Neill and Friends.
- Irish Cooking Demo, Monday, February 11th, 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. with Maureen Jardim who will demonstrate making her famous jumbo shrimp with crab stuffing in a creamy sauce. General Admission. $25 for ICC members | $30 for non-members. Includes tasting and complimentary wine.
- Name the ICC Pub Competition, Saturday, February 16th. Pub opens at 6 p.m. Be on hand to meet the judges and compete for prizes. Visit our website for details on how to enter.
- Shamrock Shake, Saturday, February 16th, 7 p.m. $10 at the door. Live music by Dan Hallissey. Enjoy traditional waltz, set-dancing and other dances. No partner necessary.
- Rediscovering Ulysses, 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Explore Joyce’s Ulysses in a relaxed seminar with Timothy Walsh and Daniel Burt. Bring your own copy of the book. $10 per person. Registration required.
- ICC Celebrity Chef Series: Monday, February 25th, 7:30 p.m. Master Irish Chef Brendan Cronin from Co. Mayo and author of Cheffin’: from Potatoes to Caviar prepares his delicious “Irish Coffee Cake.” $25 for ICC members | $30 for non-members. Registration required.
For tickets and information about events at the Irish Cultural Centre, 200 New Boston Drive, Canton MA 02091 please visit the ICCNE website at www.irishculture.org
, call 781-821-8291 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org