Upcoming April events at the Irish Cultural Centre
By: Irish Community News | Published Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 8:47 PM | Updated Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 11:43 AM
· Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum: Presentation in partnership with TIARA: Friday, April 5th, 7:30-9:00pm. Free. The ICC hosts TIARA’s (The Irish Ancestral Research Association) monthly meeting featuring speaker Grace Brady, the Executive Director of Ireland’s Great Hunger Museum at Quinnipiac University in Hamden, CT. Learn about Ireland’s Great Famine and what the Museum has on display. Pub will open at 5pm for dinner. Please call the ICC at 781-821-8291 for more information.
· Boston Irish Festival Launch Party: Friday, April 12th. 8pm. FREE. Join us for the Boston Irish Festival Launch Party! Only 60 days to go to the largest Irish Festival on the east coast. Festival line-up announced along with giveaways and Irish music by Erin’s Guild.
· La Gaeilge: Day of Irish Immersion: Saturday, April 13th. 9:30am-4pm. $30 per person Held in conjunction with Cumann na Gaeilge i mBoston. Irish language workshops with a focus on conversational and written Irish. Workshops available to all levels. Includes light breakfast and lunch.
· ICC Canton Ceili: Sunday, April 14th. 3-7pm. $10 per person at the door. Come enjoy set dancing, waltzes, quickstep, and other traditional dances. No dancing experience or partner necessary!
· Afternoon Tea & Spring Fashion Show: Sunday, April 21st. 2pm. $25 per person. The Ladies of the Irish Cultural Centre invite you to join them for spring fashions and an afternoon of tea and scones. This event typically sells out, so advance purchase recommended. Tickets available online or by calling the ICC at 781-821-8291.
· Misgivings: A “Divine” Comedy of Belly laughs, Blessings, Blarney, and Bingo: Saturday, April 27th. 8pm. $15 per person. Join Father Patrick Aloysius Misgivings for this theatrical presentation of stories and one-liners about growing up Catholic. From miracles and marriage counseling to bazaars and birth control, nothing escapes the good father’s razor sharp Irish wit. Tickets available online or by calling the ICC at 781-821-8291.
The ICC offers parking in the main lot, handicap accessibility and an elevator. For tickets and information about events at the Irish Cultural Centre, 200 New Boston Drive, Canton MA 02021, please visit our website at wwwIrishCulture.org
, call 781-821-8291, or email@example.com