Irish Community Connections by Irish Community News
Union county St. Patrick’s Day parade committee hosting “Finnegan’s Wake” party and “Guinness Fun Run/Walk”
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2013 at 09:07 AM
- New York Irish Center's bi-lingual winter table quiz, get out and practice your cúpla focal
- New York City’s Basket Brigade appeal for help this Thanksgiving
- Enrol for American citizenship classes at the Irish International Immigrant Center
- World Mental Health Day, starting the conversation
- Employment rights in America
Registration for the “Guinness Fun Run/Walk” will start at 11:30 a.m. at the Blackthorn. There is a $25 registration fee that includes a t-shirt, complimentary beverages and admission into the “Finnegan’s Wake” party. The race will commence at 12:30 p.m. The race should end by 12:35.
“Finnegan’s Wake” will feature live Irish-American entertainment by The Mike Byrne Band starting at 12:45 p.m. Admission is $20 per person and includes beer, wine and food. For information please call Kathy Noonan-Rotando at 908-906-4622, Kevin Dowling at 732-594-1763, Marc Dowling at 908-967-0740 or Bernadette Sullivan at 908-432-6719.
All proceeds from the events benefit the 2013 Union County St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The 17th Annual Parade steps off at 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 16, on Morris Avenue in Union.
The family-friendly festivities kick off at 11 a.m. at the reviewing stand located at the corner of Morris and Stuyvesant Avenues in Union Center.
For more information about the Union County St. Patrick’s Day Parade please visit www.unioncountystpatricksdayparade.com.